The first step in your journey begins with a trip to your Audi dealer. There, you’ll select your U.S. spec Audi model of choice, including whatever options you decide upon. The difference is, we’ll be handing you the keys in Ingolstadt.*
- Visit your Audi dealer and configure your car three or four months prior to departure. Please note your requested date is a tentative date, which will be confirmed approximately 60 days after you place your order when the vehicle is built. We do not recommend booking your travel arrangements at this point.
- Within a few weeks of your dealer placing you order, you’ll receive a welcome package from Audi of America including your vehicle’s expected build date, and when you can expect to take delivery of your new vehicle at the Customer Center of the Audi Forum. This is still a tentative date, which can fluctuate. Included in this welcome kit will be a Customer Information Form and list of drop-off locations so you can begin your planning.
- Now is the time to start planning your trip, keeping your requested delivery date in mind. We do not recommend booking your arrangements until Step 5.
- Your car will be built approximately 60 days after you place your order at the dealer, at that time we ask that you send us your completed Customer Information Form along with color copies of your passport and valid driver’s license.
- Immediately after your car is completed, your requested delivery date will be confirmed with the Audi Forum Ingolstadt, and your Audi dealer will call to finalize the sale and complete all necessary paperwork.
- You’ll then have up to 60 days to take delivery of your new Audi.
- Once all necessary paperwork is finalized, you will be sent your delivery day agenda as well as the required documents for taking delivery and dropping off your vehicle.
- The big day. Delivery day. The beginning of a European vacation to remember.
- Say auf Wiedersehen, au revoir, or adios to your Audi at one of 14 authorized drop-off locations.
- Your Audi reaches the USA in approximately 11-13 weeks.
- The phone rings, and it’s off to your Audi dealer to reunite with the car you got to know and love in Europe.
* R8 Customers will take delivery of their vehicles at Audi Forum Neckarsulm. Please see your dealer for details.